At this time – as per the email sent out 4/16 please limit your requests to Saturday mornings only and for 30 minutes on the indoor cages. We have 20 plus teams trying to use the building . The outdoor cage is available on first come first serve.
HITTING FACILITY USAGE POLICIES
- ALL USERS must have proof of insurance submitted before using the facility
- Teams under the Hastings Baseball umbrella MUST schedule their use (this includes upper level Legion teams, Thunder teams, and Hastings Baseball youth league teams).
- BASEBALL functions sponsored by Hastings City Parks and Recreation MUST schedule their use.
- The above two groups will have first priority in scheduling use of the building.
- Other BASEBALL groups within the city will have next priority…they MUST schedule their use. Examples of these groups include (but is not limited to) Hastings College baseball, Hastings Cobras baseball, and the Hastings Redbirds.
- Other groups within the city of Hastings would have next priority…they MUST schedule their use. Examples of these groups include (but is not limited to) Hastings Crush softball and church groups. Unless special approval by the Hastings Baseball Executive Board is given, these groups will not be granted use between March 1 and August 15.
- Groups from outside the city are generally NOT allowed to use the facility, and must submit requests to the Hastings Baseball Committee.
- Board members are allowed to use the building with their children; however, a group of five or more will constitute a team practice and fees, if appropriate, will be charged. Groups already on the schedule will have priority over board members.
- While there is a priority established, and weather is unpredictable, teams are encouraged to both plan ahead and to be sensitive to other groups scheduled to use the building.
- Scheduling will be coordinated by Hastings Baseball Committee member Jim Boeve. His contact is [email protected]
- Teams under the Hastings Baseball umbrella will NOT be charged a fee
- BASEBALL functions sponsored by Hastings City Parks and Recreation will NOT be charged a fee
- All other groups using the building will be subject to yearly usage fees and practice usage fees
- The yearly usage fee is $250. The primary use of this fee is for repairs to and replacement of cages, screens, lights and fans.
- The usage fee for practice is as follows:
- For single sessions of 0 to 2 hours: $20
- For single sessions of 2 to 4 hours: $40
- For single sessions of 4 to 6 hours: $60
- For single sessions of 6 or more hours: $80
- Organizations subject to a usage fee will be charged for their members who use the building, even if not part of an official practice
- Organizations will be charged for damages to the building and equipment within it.
- The rental amount for organizations outside of Hastings will be negotiated with the Hastings Baseball Committee.
- Hired instructors giving lessons will be charged $10 per hour per cage. A waiver or certificate of insurance must be provided and sessions must be scheduled.
- Payment should be sent to Hastings Baseball. PO Box 992 Hastings, NE 68902-0992
- Improper use of the building could result in forfeiting the opportunity to use it.
- There must be a Board member or an officially recognized member of a team’s coaching staff present at all workouts.
- All hitting (drills or otherwise) of baseballs, softballs, tennis balls or pitching machine balls MUST BE DONE inside the cages. Only whiffle balls are allowed to be used outside the cages.
- Protective screens are to be used at least 30 feet away from the hitter when baseballs, softballs or pitching machine balls are used for drills. Protective screens are NOT to be used for soft toss, short toss, or tee drills.
- Building keys are only issued to Board members and upper level Legion coaches. The committee will be inventorying and collecting building keys as needed.